The winner and friend will stay at various locations throughout Donegal so that they can see as much of Donegal as possible during their stay.
There is no entry fee for the competition and is open to everyone (other than owners and employees of Holiday Donegal Ireland and We Love Donegal).
The draw will take place in front of an independent adjudicator at a public venue in Donegal and will be broadcast live on the internet.
The two week holiday will include:
~ Evening meals for the entire stay
~ €500 spending money which will be presented on arrival
~ Return flights to Donegal from either Dublin (Irelands main international airport or Glasgow, Scotland)
~ Lots of extras from which the winner will be able to pick and chose
New blog posts here will update the prize extras together with the choices of accommodation and restaurants.
TO KEEP UP TO DATE click the "RSS Feed" at the bottom of the right-hand column here and subscribe to be notified when new blog posts about the completition are added here.
This is set to be one of the best ever holiday prizes in Ireland.
We will be adding our first batch of extras for the lucky winners prize pot tomorrow!
PRIZE FUND SO FAR
ACCOMMODATION CHOICES (the winner get's to chose where he or she stays remember)
~ Brenter Cottage, Dunkineely: 2 nights stay
~ Castle Murray House, St. John's Point, Dunkineely: Bed & breakfast plus dinner
~ Daisy Cottage, Dunkineely: 2 nights stay
~ Tullycullion B&B, Killybegs: 2 nights B&B
~ Kitty Kellys: Bistro meal for 2
~ Village Tavern, Mountcharles ~ Dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine
THINGS TO DO
~ Tropical World, Letterkenny: Pass to Tropical World & The Butterfly Garden
~ Donegal Tours (Mangan Tours): TWO tours. Their Heritage Tour (Glenveagh National Park & Castle, Mount Errigal, Dunlewey Lakeside Centre & Dunfanaghy) and their Highlander Tour (Donegal Town, Killybegs Harbour, Slieve League Sea Cliffs and Ardara)
~ Sliabh Liag Boat Trips: Boat trip from Teelin to under the cliffs at Sliabh Liag
~ Owey Island Boat: Trip to Owey Island (and back!)
~ O'Neills Fishing: One days rod hire & bait (and info on the best places to fish!)
BARS & JARS “Call in, say hello and we’ll have a drink ready for you!”
~ Keeneys Bar, Glenties
~ Mac's Bar, Dunkineely
~ McIntyres Bar, Dunkineely
~ Tir na Og, Letterkenny
... and the Prize Fund will keep growing!
HOW TO ENTER
Following comments asking how to enter, here are the details so far.
1. There is no fee to enter.
2. Entry will be via email and a contact form will be added to this section of our site where those wishing to take part can register. As we are now doing it by email rather than post there will be one entry per email address.
3. There will be one Donegal related multi choice question to answer.
4. Entrants will be given their own unique number. This number will be recorded by us as YOUR individual entry to the competition.
5. All the numbers will be put into a box on the draw night and the draw will take place in a public Donegal venue in front of independent adjudicators and will hopefully be broadcast live on the net.
Entries will open this week.